‘Tis the season for healthy baking! Just kidding, it’s always the season for healthy baking. This girl has a sweet tooth to satisfy.
Last week, a coworker brought raw gingerbread cookies to the office. They were absolutely delicious and inspired me to make my own raw gingerbread treat. These raw Gingerbread Bliss Balls are delicious, nutrition and detoxifying too.
- Delicious: These bliss balls are naturally sweetened with dates and seasoned with cinnamon. Dates are a great source of dietary fiber and have high concentrations of antioxidants. They are one of the best natural sources of potassium. Cinnamon is a warming spice that helps balance blood sugar levels and improve circulation.
- Nutritious: Bliss balls are packed with protein from cashews and healthy carbohydrates from whole grain oats. Cashews are also a good source of vitamin E.
- Detoxifying: The recipe calls for raw and powdered ginger. When consumed in high dosages, ginger is anti-inflammatory and soothes the digestive tract. It’s also great for when you’re feeling nauseous.
Bonus: Rolling them in finely shredded coconut adds a nice festive touch and fun texture.
Gingerbread Bliss Balls with Coconut
Makes 10-12 bliss balls
- 1/2 cup cashews soaked
- 10-12 dates, soaked
- 1/2 cup whole grain oats (gluten-free if needed)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp of cinnamon
- 2+ Tbsp shredded coconut for coating (optional)
- Soak the cashews and dates overnight.
- Add the dates, cashews, and oats to a food processor.Transfer to a bowl and stir in the ginger and cinnamon.
- Put 2 Tbsp of shredded coconut onto a plate. Start to roll your bliss ball between your palms, then roll them into the coconut.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge until it’s time to serve.
Interested in trying some of my other bliss ball and truffle recipes? Check these out!