Turmeric is magical. It’s orange-yellow glow adds great color to any meal or beverage. Typically, turmeric is found in curry spice blends, but you can also buy the spice on it’s own and use it to add incredible flavor and aroma to meals.
I’m drawn to turmeric for its anti-inflammatory, disease-preventing benefits. I like to add this golden spice to scrambled eggs, soups, load extra into curry dished, and stir it into almond milk — which is what this Turmeric Golden Milk recipe is all about.
Before we get to the new recipe, here are some other dishes on Stay Healthy, Stay Happy featuring turmeric:
- Healthy, Hearty Turmeric Chicken Soup
- Simple Shakshuka
- Raw Carrot Cake Balls
- Roasted Winter Veggie Salad
This Turmeric Golden Milk recipe makes two servings or one big ol’ cup for Y-O-U. Post any questions or feedback in the comment section below!
Turmeric Golden Milk
- 2 cups of plain homemade almond milk
- 1 Tbsp local honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil (recommended for getting some good fats into your body)
- Stir all of your ingredients together in a mug or sauce pan.
- Warm the golden milk on the stovetop — or in the microwave — to dissolve the sweetener.
- Serve warm.