Summertime = smoothie time. Drinking a smoothie for breakfast is a great way to kickstart your day and start it off on a healthy note. This simple breakfast smoothie is filling and satisfying. If you are looking to add a bit more nutrition, add 1 big handful of spinach. The greens won’t impact the taste whatsoever.
PRO TIP: Need your caffeine in the morning? Replace half of your liquid with cold brew coffee or try my Vanilla Coffee Smoothie. Over the weekends, I brew extra concentrated coffee at home. Then, I store that coffee in the fridge during the week to use in smoothie or drink iced. Heavenly.
Simple Breakfast Smoothie with Oats
- 1 cup coconut water or plain, unsweetened nut milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1 scoop plant-based vanilla protein powder*
- 1 Tbsp nut butter, unsalted and unsweetened
- 2 dates
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp raw cacao nibs
*Get 25% and free shipping on Thrive Market!
- Put your ingredients in your blender and press go!
- Serve fresh with a garnish of extra cacao nibs, shredded coconut, and or chia seeds. Not drinking it right away? Store your simple breakfast smoothie in the freezer for up to 5 days, then defrost overnight in the fridge the night before consumption.