A frittata is essentially a crustless quiche. It can be cooked on the stovetop, but my very veggie frittata is baked in the oven to allow for multitasking (my favorite kind of tasking). I love making frittatas, veggie scrambled eggs, or baked egg cups when I have random veggies to use. It’s one of those simple ways to reduce food waste.
As always, this recipe is super customizable. Comment below with any questions or concerns. I’d love to hear how you customize!
Very veggie frittata recipe
- 12 dozen eggs
- 1/4 cup water or milk
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 zucchini, cut into semi-circles
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 3 cups of baby spinach (or 3 big handfuls)
- 2 garlic, minced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9×13(ish) baking dish.
- In a large mixing bowl, crack the eggs. Whist with the water/milk, 1/4 cup of the cheese, salt, and pepper. Finally, fold in the veggies.
- Pour the egg mixture into the baking pan. Sprinkle the remaining 2 Tbsp of cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until the eggs are cooked through. The time will vary based on your pan size.