I’m all about making dessert healthy (most of you know that already). These chocolate protein cookies are a great between-meal, pre-workout, post-workout or post-dinner treat.
Honest talk: Make a double batch if you lack that “eats chocolate in moderation” gene. The recipe below makes 8-10 protein cookies. I found myself eating three per sitting.
Chocolate protein cookies
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oats
- 1/4 cup plain, unsweetened milk (nut, coconut, cow’s)
- 1/4 cup plant-based chocolate protein powder (or 1/4 cup plant-based vanilla protein powder + 1 Tbsp raw cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp cacao nibs or mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, mash two ripe bananas. Add the protein powder, milk, oats and mix well.
- Next fold in your cacao nibs or chocolate chips. Your batter should be on the thicker side (enough to hold a shape when it goes on the baking sheet). If it’s not thick enough, add another 1-2 tablespoon of protein powder.
- Spoon the bater into 8-10 cookies, spaced two inches apart. Bake for 15 minutes or they are solid and start to brown on the bottom. Eat 2 per sitting.