Snow storm is a comin’ here in Boston. If you’re [frantically] heading to the market today, add some winter or root vegetables to your list. This roasted winter vegetable salad eases you out of winter and into a salad-filled spring. It’s the perfect comfort meal for a chilly day.
Roasted Winter Vegetable Salad
- Heat the oven to 425°F and grab a roasting pan. Wash and prep the veggies, then chop them into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the veggies and protein in the roasting pan. Optional: Cut chicken into 4-5 servings before placing in the pan.
- Toss the veggies and chicken in the coconut aminos, oil and seasonings. Roast the veggies and chicken for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken starts to brown and the veggies start to char.
- Make the dressing: Shake all of the ingredients up in a jar.
- Let the dish cool, then assemble your salad in 4-5 separate tupperwares or jars. Put the veggies and protein at the bottom. Then add the sweet. Finally, add the greens on top. Keep your dressing on the side.
Swap out these winter veggies for others like turnips, squash, beets or parsnips.