Baked Vanilla Doughnuts with Chocolate Glaze
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup dark chocolate (over 75% cacao for dairy-free), chopped
- Coconut flakes
- Sea salt
- Coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. If your doughnut pan is not non-stick, lightly grease with ghee or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, gently whisk together the flour, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, use an electric hand mixer to combine the melted ghee, melted coconut oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and milk. Then, add half of the flour mixture to the liquids and blend. Add the remaining flour and blend.
- Spoon batter into the doughnut wells, filling them about 3/4 of the way. Bake for about 7 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. The doughnuts should be golden brown on the top.
- As the doughnuts cool, prep your glaze. In a small sauce pan over low heat, add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil. Once the oil melts, add the chocolate.
- Dip each doughnut in the glaze, then transfer it on a wire rack or parchment paper to cool. You might want to dip it twice.
- When you finish glazing — and before it dries completely — sprinkle a coconut, shaved chocolate, coconut sugar or sea salt topping.
Questions about substitutes? Leave them below.