This is a list of gifts I would love to receive (hint, hint). Each gift is perfect for your friends or family members who are interested in becoming more health conscious — or are already obsessed with all things health and fitness-related.
Add a personal touch by including handwritten cards with memories from the year and well wishes for the future. Now, the gifts…
1. The gift card: Thrive Market
I love Thrive Market. They sell a lot of the healthy, organic products that I buy on a regular basis — and, at a reasonable price. You cant try Thrive for free for the first month before investing in their membership. But, if your yearly savings aren’t more than the membership cost, you get that fee back at the end of the year. Grab a gift card for your loved ones to introduce them to the wonderful world of Thrive Market.
2. The gift that keeps on giving: A subscription box
This is one of my FAVORITE things to gift. I’ve gifted subscription boxes as birthday, wedding and just-because gifts. Here are some of my favorites:
- Yogi Surprise: A box full of goodies for your yoga-loving friend.
- Goodbeing: Have a family member or friend with senstitive skin and a desire to use natural, cruelty-free beauty products? A gift card to Origins could work, or let them try a number of products with a beauty-related subscription. Other options: Birchbox, ipsy
- POPSUGAR Must Have Box: It’s no secret that I love my POPSUGAR Must Have Boxes, they don’t aways include just natural, organic products, but they are a great monthly treat. Use the code SHOP5 for $5 off!
3. A cookbook + ingredients
Gifting a cookbook to a fit, health food loving friend is a great idea! Want to add a little extra to the gift? Include ingredients they’ll need to cook some of the recipes.
This season, I’m gifting Lexi’s Clean Kitchen Cookbook and some of the ingredients to make her all-purpose bread (similar to this). If you don’t have time to buy bags of the ingredients, take them from your pantry. I added the dry ingredients for the bread to a mason jar. Finish it off with some twine and the recipe’s page number.
4. Homemade candied nuts
This recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s a healthier take on sugary, candied nuts. Run to Trader Joe’s (or your local nut supplier) and grab a couple bags of your favorite nuts. For gifting, you can use parchment paper and twine, sandwich baggies and ribbons, official treat bags or pint-sized mason jars.
In my recipe I used cashews and almonds. The ingredients are natural and simple — making for a great sweet treat for your fit friend. Give your health nut the recipe too!
5. Gift of pampering: A spa treatment
While I’d love to get regular spa treatments, for some reason I have a hard time prioritizing it. It’s money and time that I justify spending elsewhere (…but really shouldn’t). This holiday season, give the gift of pampering. Look up spas around where your gift recipient lives, works or works out. Get them a gift card or a spa package for the first few months of the year. I love a good exhale massage. Other more affordable options include: Massage Envy and Elements.