Like KIND snacks? You’ll love these bars. They are raw, gluten free, refined sugar free and dairy free too. The natural sweetness comes from the dates and maple syrup or honey (your choice). The protein comes from almond butter and various seeds.
These bars are totally customizable. If you need a little extra sweetness, add dried fruit or mini chocolate chips. If you don’t love raw oats, try brown rice cereal or toast your oats in the oven ahead of time. (Find a great toasting method here or here).
Raw Super Seedy Granola Bars
- 1 cup packed dates, pitted
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup raw nut butter (I like chunky almond butter)
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- Before you get started, soak your dates for 15-30 minutes. Dates are all different sizes, so pack them into a 1 cup measuring cup to make sure you have enough. Then place them in a bowl and cover with water.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of coconut oil in small/medium sauce pot over low heat. Once your dates soften, drain the water, chop them roughly and add them to the pot. Next, add the nut butter and maple syrup (or honey). Stir constantly until everything melts together.
- When the dates are mostly melted down, remove the pot from heat and stir in the rest of the ingredients.
- Line a 9×9 baking pan or bread pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap. Pack the raw, super seedy granola bar mixture into the pan. Use excess parchment or plastic to press down on the top and pack it tightly.
- Set aside to cool and solidify. To accelerate this process, place your pan in the freezer. Once solid, use a sharp knife to cut your portions. Store in an air-tight container in a cool dark spot for the week. The fridge or freezer is my go-to spot.
Enjoy! Share you pics and let me know how you customize them (@EmilyatSHSH on Twitter and IG).