Pumpkin flavors shouldn’t only be enjoyed in the fall. Add these raw pumpkin pie truffles to your dessert repertoire — and, news flash — you don’t need pumpkin purée, sugar or flour.
So, how do these pumpkin pie truffles get that pumpkin pie flavor without the pumpkin?Pumpkin pie spice, of course! Stores often sell pumpkin pie spice in a jar in the baking aisle (I buy Frontier). If you can’t find the spice, make it yourself using the simple recipe below.
Make these raw pumpkin pie truffles with your favorite nuts — I use almonds, but walnuts and peanuts work too. Share your feedback in the comments below!
Raw Pumpkin Pie Truffles
Makes 15 truffles
- 2 cups raw nuts (almonds, walnuts, peanuts, etc.)
- 15-20 medjool dates
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
Pumpkin Spice Ingredients
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- If the dates are not fresh/soft, soak them in water for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, chop the nuts until a coarse meal forms. Set aside.
- Remove the pits from the dates. Process the dates until smooth. Add the nuts, spice and salt to the processor. Blend until well-combined.
- Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes. Roll into balls the size of a quarter. Store in the fridge.