I love Japanese sweet potatoes because they are the perfect blend of sweet and starch. The average serving of Japanese sweet potato is 5 inches — or about 130 grams. This serving size contains just under 120 calories, none of which come from fat. For my paleo and low-carb friends out there, sweet potatoes are a great carbohydrates to have in your diet.
To add, these potatoes are a great source of vitamin A (~200% of the recommended daily value). Prep these Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes in a big batch to serve with meals throughout the week. They are delicious and filling.
Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes
2 medium-large Japanese sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp basil
1/4 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the spices together. Set aside.
- Rinse the sweet potato and chop into bite-sized pieces. Leave the skin on ( — it’s got the nutrients).
- Place the sweet potato on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Next, pour the spices on and use your hands to mix.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes or until they start to crisp and turn brown.
When you make these Rosemary Roasted Sweet Potatoes, take a photo and tag a #SHSHkitchen! Happy, healthy eating. <3