While working from home one Friday, I didn’t have time to get too creative during lunch since I had phone calls scheduled and deadlines to hit. I needed something quick and easy — oh, and preferably something that I could eat for lunch the next day too.
The solution: Roasted veggies. Lucky for me, a veggie I often buy in excess on grocery shopping trips… carrots. Bake these curried carrots during your weekly food prep or as a side dish at dinner. They taste great warm — and pretty good cold too.
Roasted Curry Carrots
10-15 large [rainbow] carrots, washed
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp red chili flakes
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, mix all of the spices together. Set aside.
- Slice the carrots into sticks and arrange them on the baking sheet.
- Pour the melted coconut oil over the carrots. Next, sprinkle the spice blend and start to get those hands dirty. Toss the carrots in the oil and spices until well-coated. Arrange them on the pan without overlap.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes or until the edges start to brown and crisp.
Enjoy fresh and hot — or store in the fridge for a few days.