One morning, I thought, “Why not marry two of my fav things — matcha and oatmeal?” This was the delicious outcome. My tip: Invest in some high-quality matcha powder and make this alternative vegan breakfast yourself!
Vegan Matcha Oatmeal
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1.5 tsp matcha powder
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- sweetener like raw honey, stevia or maple syrup
- Toppings: Sprinkle your oats with shredded coconut, sliced banana, etc.
- In a small pot, heat 1/2 cup oats and 1 cup dairy-free milk to a simmer. Stir constantly and cook until oats are soft and milk is mostly absorbed (about 5 minutes). Before removing from the heat, stir in sweetener of choice.
- Stir 1.5 tsp of matcha powder in 2 Tbsp of hot water until it dissolves. Add this to your cooked oats.
- Top with shredded coconut, nut butter, raw cacao nibs, chia seeds — what have you.