Lazy Sunday mornings and pancakes. What more could you ask for?
Zucchini Protein Pancakes
Ingredients1 flaxseed egg (1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water) or 1 egg white 1/4 cup shredded zucchini 2 Tbsp dairy-free milk 1/4 tsp vanilla extract 1/4 tsp cinnamon ~ 1/4 cup gluten free flour 1 scoop protein powder 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Grab a small mixing bowl and prepare the flaxseed egg by combining 1T ground flaxseed with 3T of water. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes. In the meantime, prepare your shredded zucchini.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the zucchini, milk, vanilla and cinnamon to the flaxseed egg and stir.
- To the liquid ingredients, add the flour, protein powder and baking powder (plus, extras like chocolate chips or nuts).
- Lightly grease the skillet with coconut oil (or other) and portion your batter out into 3-4 pancakes. Cook for about 2-3 minutes on each side — or until golden brown.
- Serve topped with fruit, nuts, nut butter, honey or syrup.