The other day, I showed you how to prepare tofu for cooking. After going through those steps, you’re well-equipped to make a tofu dish of any kind. After preparing that tofu in particular, I make this panko-crusted baked tofu dish. So delish!
Baked Panko-Crusted Tofu
- 1 block of firm tofu, sliced into 10-12 rectangular blocks
- 1 egg
- 1/2+ cup panko breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly spray a non-stick pan with oil.
- Whisk the egg in small, shallow bowl, and then add 1/4 cup of panko to a second shallow bowl (keep the rest nearby and add it to the bowl when needed).
- Take one slice of tofu and dip both sides in the egg bowl, and then the panko. Place tofu on the baking sheet and do the same with remaining slices.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through (or as the underside starts to brown).
Enjoy over rice, on top of a salad or… by itself.